We are in the process of re-verifying students who accepted a slot for 2017-18. Any available slots will be offered beginning March 15th, 2017.
School tours are offered every other Wednesday beginning December 7th beginning at 3:30pm and 4:00pm through May 2017. Please check the school calendar for tour dates. Informational meetings will be held on the first Thursday of the month. The presentation begins at 6:00pm beginning in January 2017 and ending in May 2017. (Due to a schedule conflict, the April meeting will be on Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
Enrollment Details for 2017-18
Current students must submit the re-enrollment form to continue for the 2017-18 school year.
The first enrollment period ends Dec. 15th, 2016. Enrollment period two will be Dec. 16-Dec. 31. Subsequent enrollment periods will be held each two calendar months until all spaces are allocated. During any enrollment period, if the amount of enrollment requests exceed the number of available spots, a lottery will be held. Consistent with the neighborhood boundary preference voted as school policy, residents of Vineyard and Lindon will be given a slight advantage in any required lottery. After an Enrollment Period closes, students are matched to available slots by grade, beginning with grade 6.
- If a student is admitted that has younger siblings, the younger siblings are automatically admitted, provided space is available. If space is not available for a sibling, the sibling will be placed at the top of that grade level’s wait list.
- If a grade has enough seats for all students requesting a seat in that grade level, all are admitted.
- If a grade does not have enough seats for everyone in that grade level, a random lottery will be conducted for that grade only.
- Offers will be extended to those chosen in the lottery.
- Students not chosen in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist. The waitlist will be organized by the date the student applied, with the oldest applications first.
- Once a grade level has a waitlist, students from that grade enrolling in future Enrollment Periods are added to the back of the waitlist. If a seat becomes available, it goes to the next student on the waitlist. (The lottery is used on once, in the month enrollment exceeded available slots by grade, and after that open slots are handled with the waitlist.)
- Students offered a spot must confirm within 3 business days. Additionally, a re-confirmation email will be sent May 1, 2017 and a response will be due by May 10, 2017. Students who do not provide both confirmations will forfeit their spot. Registration materials are due May 15th, 2017. If registration materials are not received by May 15th, the student will forfeit their spot.
- Franklin Discovery is a school of choice. Parents and students must agree to the school's policies and procedures for continued admission.
- Franklin Discovery is a unique school with lots of movement, noise, and freedom. Please bring your student for a tour if you are considering our school to make sure we are a good fit for your student.
It is very important that confirmation letters be returned by the deadline printed on the letter. They can be emailed, faxed, or mailed. If letters are received late, the student(s) may only be admitted if space is available. In seats aren’t available, the student’s admission status will be moved to the following month and subject to the lottery. Please note, by Utah Statue, you can only confirm to one school at a given time. All new students will receive a re-confirmation email on May 1, 2017. A re-confirmation response must be received by May 10th, 2017 or the spot is forfeited.
After sending in your confirmation letter, you will receive links to our Registration Packet. This is a student and household information packet that will allow us to collect all required information to enroll in a Utah public school. This information must be completed within 30 days of receiving your confirmation letter. Students who do not have a completed registration packet by the due date will need to reapply under open enrollment.
Registration Information includes:
- Completed Registration Forms
- Original Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record
- Proof of Vision Screening (Kindergarten only)
- Accommodation Information (if applicable)
- Please provide current copies 504 or IEP plans
- Franklin Discovery Academy will request records from your student's current school upon registration
- Proof of Custody / Guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of physical exam (kindergarten and 4th grade only)
Utah State Law governs student transfers between Utah’s public charter schools and school districts.
If a student has accepted enrollment to Franklin Discovery Academy for the school year and the parent wishes to withdraw the student from Franklin Discovery Academy for enrollment in another Utah charter school or school district, the parent of a student enrolled at Franklin Discovery Academy must obtain approval from both the Franklin Discovery Academy administration and the Utah school district or charter school in which enrollment is sought. The Franklin Discovery Academy administration will provide such approval once notice of approval by the new school as been received.
If a student wishes to enroll at Franklin Discovery Academy, but has accepted enrollment to another Utah charter school for the school year, the student’s parent must obtain approval from both the Franklin Discovery Academy administration and the Utah charter school in which the student is already enrolled. Student records will be released as soon as all appropriate paperwork is completed.
Franklin Schools Foundation DBA Franklin Discovery Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a disabled individual, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information or protected veteran’s status, in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other school benefits or services.