The Flexibility of Homeschool with the Support of a Charter School
Do you like the flexibility of homeschool or other private programs but need or want extra resources to provide the best possible education for your child? Would you like some extra support in a home educational environment or private program? Franklin Discovery Academy has a completely free program (Franklin Hybrid) that provides the flexibility of a homeschool but the support of a charter school. At the heart of Franklin Discovery is a deep belief in the power of real life experience through field trips and engaging hands-on experiences. We've designed Franklin Hybrid to enhance our mission and vision in those areas. Franklin Hybrid:
- Franklin Hybrid is open to students in grades 1-6.
- Provides up to a total $1000 for educational resources to be allocated:
- Up to $500 in reimbursements for family field trips.
- For each field trip report submitted by the student, Franklin reimburses the family $50 up to ten trips.
- Field trips need to be on the approved list or with teacher approval. Click here to view the approved list. It includes the most awesome places to visit in Utah!
- We have a no-hassle policy for getting the stipends. You simply submit your child's field trip report.
- Up to another $500 in curriculum or technology support.
- Franklin Hybrid students may optionally join in on school field trips, Engage classes, or our free after school clubs in order to reach the required level of in-person attendance. The only in-person attendance requirement is the completion of 10 Engage classes per year. Regular day students complete 30 classes. All 10 can be completed in one block or spread out over several blocks.
- Franklin Discovery offers daily Engage classes in seven curricular areas: Literacy, Math, Social Science, Science, Art, Music, and Wellness.
- If you are short on time or experience in a particular subject area, your student can attend just that class in an in-school setting.
- Free After school clubs
- This term those clubs include piano lessons, painting, drama, and other enriching activities.
- Teacher supports that fit the needs of the student and family (in person, online, over the phone)
- A full online curriculum is optionally available for Literacy, Math, Science.