Our Mission & Vision
Franklin Discovery Academy will cultivate a life-long sense of wonder and curiosity in every student. We will equip students to discover meaningful value and purpose in the world and reach their full potential by helping them develop the ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and excel academically.
At Franklin Discovery Academy, children actively decide to learn in a collaborative effort among parents, teachers, fellow students, and the learning community. Our school recognizes that each child is an individual and encourages them to become creative and driven stewards of their environment through our goal-oriented curriculum.
- Our students will create meaningful purpose in the world and find a deepened awareness of the connections among the arts, music, science, literacy, math, social science, and wellness through the creation of tangible projects.
- We will create innovative learning pathways for students with our emphasis on the whole child and respect for individual differences.
- Our students will actively decide to learn in a collaborative effort among parents, teachers, fellow students, and the learning community through our rigorous, highly customizable, goal-oriented learning model.
- We will enhance learning with technology-facilitated experiences that place emphasis on a student’s ability to set their own pace and path of instruction.
- Our students will have numerous opportunities for meaningful play and field-based adventures to help them discover the wonders of the world around them.
- We will research, design, and create a safe and joyful learning environment that nurtures and educates the whole child, allowing them to learn through play.
- Our students will inspire the community around them as they come to confidently possess their innate talents, character, and resilience.
- We will nurture, challenge, inspire and support our students in reaching and achieving their highest potential.
Bylaws, Charter Application & Charter Agreement
Can we post our charter here?
What's a Charter?
What are Charter Schools?
There is much research supporting the use of charter schools to effectively educate children, especially those from diverse backgrounds. Additionally, some charter schools have been shown to prepare children for college better than traditional public schools and have even started to close the achievement gap. Charter schools are able to do this because they have the freedom to create curriculum that fits their students and to hire staff who support their unique mission and vision.Charter schools offer more choices for the effective education of our children, and Franklin Discovery Academy is happy to be one of those choices. You can learn more about Franklin Discovery Academy and our innovative approach to learning on our Education Model page.